Monday, November 19, 2012

Completed First Draft of Novel

I did it. Today I typed the last words of my newest fantasy adventure novel.  At long last, my first draft is completed, and I'm celebrating!  After blogging this morning, I figured it was time to crack down and crank out the grand finale, and that's what I did--what a feeling of accomplishment!  Now, of course, I need to read the novel from start to finish and do a great deal of reworking.  I also need to come up with a title for this yet unnamed work. 

During the coming weeks, I'll be writing about my process of reworking a rough novel into a final piece, with focus on the proofreading. First though, I'm going to take advice I read from some author somewhere and let the novel sit for a week or two so I can look at it with fresh eyes as I read it from start to finish.  Good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment